Mat-Su Regional staff includes a Registered Nurse and a physical therapist who are BLS and ACLS qualified. Classes consist of one staff member per every five participants. The Mat-Su Regional Cardiac Rehabilitation program offers continuously monitored individualized exercise along with health education and information to reduce the risk of coronary artery disease through diet, exercise, lifestyle choices and medication. Voluntary candidates for Cardiac Rehabilitation include anyone who has had a heart attack in the last 12 months, coronary bypass or heart valve surgery, angioplasty or stints, stable angina, or open heart surgery.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Goals as stated in the American College of Sports Medicine are:
- Provide appropriate patient monitoring and supervision to detect a deterioration in clinical status and provide timely feedback to the referring physician to enhance effective medical management.
- Contingent on patient clinical status, return the patient to pre-cardiac event vocational and/or recreational activities.
- Develop and help the patient implement a safe and effective home exercise program and recreational lifestyle.
- Provide patient and family education and therapies to maximize secondary prevention.
Our Exceptional Staff
- Charlie Bare RN (Cardiac Rehab Nurse)
- Marian Lear PT (Physical Therapist)
- Cory Jones PTA (Physical Therapy Assistant)
Cardiac Rehab Department Location:
Mat-Su Regional Medical Campus
950 E Bogard Rd
Wasilla, AK 99654
Mail Information to:
Mat-Su Regional Medical Center
c/o Cardiac Rehabilitation Dept
2500 S Woodworth Loop
PO Box 1687
Palmer, AK 99645